The most valuable skill of the 2020's
Communication and presentation skills are the top skills to acquire, according to Harvard's Tim Stobierski. Effective communication rallies your team around a shared vision, empowers employees, builds trust, and seeds successful projects.
Public speaking is not a gift a selected few are born with, but a skill that can be mastered.
Unfortunately, 90% of trainings are focusing on tips and tricks ("don't point your finger", "don't pace", "don't say umm"...), ending up being more a distraction than an asset.
A clear pathway to becoming a speaker
As in sports, there is little value in learning advanced techniques without strong fundamentals.
My focus on foundations paired with concrete frameworks and templates brings you above 95% of presenters.
You build your own style, keeping authenticity while boosting your presence and impact 10x.
WHAT YOU GET
Eliminate anxiety and stage fright
Boost your presence and charisma
Build convincing arguments and bring your point across
Share your vision effectively and win over your audience
Develop reflexes useful in every situation, for instance closing a sale or presenting a report
Damien Gauthier taps into his career in acting, facilitating, and leadership to bring you to the next level.
I combine my daily work as a facilitator, UX lead, and team manager with my professional background as an actor, director, and TEDx speaker coach to empower you with bulletproof techniques, ready to be used in your next meeting.
My holistic and constructive approach to speaking will help you master the fundamentals before building up highly advanced skills.
“I did a lot of public speaking courses, that's the first time I actually can take away something."
Jean-Raphael G. / Senior Project Manager
"I've seen my team use the techniques weeks after the course, I am proud of them."
Alexandre J. / Business Unit Manager
“Damien's training is loaded with concrete, easy to learn tools. His benevolence throughout the process builds up our confidence."
Frédéric L. / Senior Project Manager
"I really love how Damien creates a safe space where we can be vulnerable in front of others."
Chrystel M. / Designer
Speaking with impact requires
Enunciating with presence (physical)
Structuring a clear argument (intellectual)
Being relaxed and aware (connection)
Usual tips and tricks won't cut it if you don't have a strong foundation on these three dimensions.
A peek at the
Duration: 4 half-days spread on 2 weeks
Max participants: 8
An immersive, hands-on training in small groups with personal & individual coaching
You will learn concrete fundamental techniques useful in any situation, as well as frameworks and templates to immediately boost your impact.
Practice is at the center, with individual coaching throughout the training.
Session 1 / Warming-up and fundamentals
- your main goal as a speaker
- the theory of conveying a message
- warm-up from a professional actor
- boost your physical presence and confidence
- physical techniques to reduce stage anxiety
Session 2 / Building and telling the story
- how to pitch anything, return on experience
- the 3 phases of discourse, Hollywood's secret sauce
- presenting to the board: the pyramid and MECE methods
- advanced structures: the 3 acts and the hero's journey
- most useful frameworks and recipes
Session 3 / Guiding the audience
- befriending gestures, voice, and silence
- how to punctuate the speech, guiding the audience with gestures, rhythm, and voice
- how to start a presentation, how to end it
- improvise on a bullet point structure
- how to recover when thrown off
Session 4 / Tactical Storytelling
- how to present an example or case study
- the basis of compelling storytelling
- group exercise: build a story
- how and when to use storytelling, and when not to
- individual capstone presentation exercise
Duration: additional 2 to 4 half-days of training depending on the topic
Max participants: 8
Advanced storytelling and inspirational speeches
Slides construction and digital presentations over visio
Presentation to the board and result-sharing
Non violent communication & feedback culture
Workshop and meeting factilitation
User research: interviews, focus groups and user tests
Pitching (startups or commercial proposals)